GXR Lenses, lensors & Misc.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Runnicle
Regular MemberPosts: 459Gear list
Like?
Re: GXR Lenses, lensors & Misc.
In reply to AscherJim, 8 months ago

Jim, it seems to me that the 35mm S-K lens is pretty rare, and I can't remember ever seeing one for sale. However, it appears to be quite sharp, at least according to an ancient posting that I just found on a different forum:

<<ive had a complete set of S-K retina lenses for years and i love them. most perform really well, but this one, and the 200/4, are the softest and lack contrast especially in bright light. a hood is absolutely necessary. the only other issues with all these lenses is they are slow and they have a very large minimum focusing distance which increases with focal length. regardless, i know your results will be excellent!

OT, with this lens series ive found the best IQ, in order of best to least, is: 35/2.8, 50/1.9, 85/4, 45/2.8, 28/4, 135/4, 200/4. i never had the 50/2.8 but i understand it has good IQ, probably equal to the 1.9 or the 85>>

Runnicle's gear list:Runnicle's gear list
Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 Sony SLT-A57 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow