OSS really worth it for shooting people?

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Questions thread
Mertzi
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: OSS really worth it for shooting people?
In reply to squirrelyfox, 4 months ago

Hello!
First post here but I've been reading the forums since I got my Nex-5r in may. The thread is not active but I don't want to start a new one since my question is the same as OP but with shooting video as main execution. I've so far been fine with the 18-55 kit lens and have done some comparison with OSS on and off and I think the difference is very noticeable, especially when shooting from a moving car where OSS works exceptionally well. Now I've been thinking of getting either the Sony 35mm or the Sigma 30mm but the price difference is really big. Since my main usage is shooting video I'm afraid I'll eventually regret not getting the Sony if I go for the Sigma. But what I wonder is how well OSS works on the 35mm since I mostly have been shooting at 18mm with the kit lens. Might it be an idea to do some evaluation first with the kit lens set at 35mm and OSS on or will this not give an honest picture of how the 35mm lens will work with OSS since they differ construction wise?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow