Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di USD Lens for Sony

Started Dec 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
capt bob
Senior MemberPosts: 1,698Gear list
Like?
Re: Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di USD Lens for Sony
In reply to seilerbird666, Dec 12, 2013

I have the Tamron 200-500 and find it to be a good sharp lens other than the Dorky hood it's a Dandy , I also have the Stabilised Sigma 50-500 and Primarily shoot on the long end with Both , The in body SS works well out to about 400 on the Tammy but in comparison the Sigma in position 1 also stabilises the Viewfinder and does it exceptionally well something in body does not achieve and out past 400 or so it works better at least for me on my 77/99 , I simply would not have purchased the Sigma without OS , Point is if Tamron gives Sony the Stepchild treatment and chooses to leave OS off Just for Sony when they could just as easily include it and charge the same price, I have used the Sigma on my Nex 7 with excellent results I can't do much with the Tamron on the Nex without a Tripod , I have enough gear I carry without "Having to have " a tripod when a flip of the switch would enable a Clear shot , And with the introduction of the A 7/r Tamron would really have something here that is unique in it's the longest Zoom available for the Big 3 and could Please all if they would include their version of OS , Last I checked 500 is not 600 that extra 100 mm will change the effectiveness for in Body SS at that range and I bet substantially . If you were being charged for OS would you be "good" with it if they left it off ?

capt bob's gear list:capt bob's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 II Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow