Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di USD Lens for Sony

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
jonzalez
Regular MemberPosts: 148Gear list
Like?
Re: Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di USD Lens for Sony
In reply to Setter Dog, 8 months ago

When I'm using any longer tele zoom lenses with the stabilization inside the lens, the most important advantage compared to in body sensor shifting is stabilized view finder picture. At least for me this makes a big difference and it also makes the framing of the shot much easier, especially if and when you are shooting at 500 mm or longer. OS in lens is also usually more powerful than SSS and gives you sharper photos.

It's a big mistake if lens manifactures are continuously leaving the in lens OS system out of the Sony mount lens versions and still asking for the same price for it as Nikon and Canon versions with stabilization. I really can't see myself buying those lenses.

Fortunately there are still some models with OS in lens also for A-mount. I'm quite happy with the Sigma 50-500 OS.

jonzalez's gear list:jonzalez's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony SLT-A99 Sony SLT-A58 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow