Is A7R better for legacy manual focus lenses than A7?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
UnderDriven
Senior MemberPosts: 1,052Gear list
Like?
Re: Is A7R better for legacy manual focus lenses than A7?
In reply to Jabez02, 8 months ago

Jabez02 wrote:

In keeping with the Christmas spirit(s) I'm going to say that I am a member of the "Bah Humbug" school when it comes to worrying about extreme edges performance on any lens.

Probably a good attitude. However, some people do panoramas and it is easier to stitch when the edge quality is high. Everyone has different needs...

I judge by prints and not what I see initially straight from the camera. Plus I rarely print full frame and those are usually sports action shots where no one is bothering about corner softness. My criteria is that I will probably crop around 20% so that is where I am looking at the edge performance.

Well, then the A7R will give you more resolution when you crop--which was one of my original points. But if you are happy with cropping 20% from the A7 then you'll save money buying the A7...

-- hide signature --

“The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks!” --Henri Cartier-Bresson

UnderDriven's gear list:UnderDriven's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sigma SD14 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A57 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow