rx10 battery life

Started Dec 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Corkcampbell
Forum ProPosts: 13,501Gear list
Like?
Cold will quickly kill batteries. Especially if there is wind involved.
In reply to evan47, Dec 12, 2013

I often, such as today, take cameras out in sub 30 degrees (F) and will have a couple of batteries in inside pockets. If your camera is very new, your battery will gain some life after it's been depleted almost completely and then recharged. You only need to do this once with LiOn batteries. Some manuals even explain the procedure.

I was surprised that an old A33 third party battery that had been sitting in a drawer for at least two years charged up and is the one I've been using in the camera. Lance is correct about the long charging time so I made sure that I ordered two aftermarket batteries from eBay that included a charger. I'm hoping that those batteries fit and work in the camera - the  site  listed the RX10, but that doesn't mean they've been actually tested in a camera. If they don't work, I'll return them, but probably keep the charger. If I were in the States now, I'd probably get a couple of Watsons from B&H and just get a charger from ebay.

-- hide signature --

"Knowledge is good." Emil Faber

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow