let's face it..the DF is a bust...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
reginalddwight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,003Gear list
Like?
Sometimes less is more
In reply to jenella, 9 months ago

I won't go so far and call the Df a bust, but to some this camera is a disappointment.

Today, I had a chance to test the Df in person for the first time. The grip is a non-starter for me. I have average size hands but the lack of a hearty grip such as found on the D800 and D4 is immediately noticeable. I can't imagine what it would be like to mount one of the Holy Trinity lenses on the Df. As I imagined, the Df is optimally coupled with small primes. The camera also feels a bit chunky and surprisingly hollow, rather than the muscular camera bodies such as the FM2 and F3 I have shot with in the past. Those film cameras felt exceedingly solid and built to last. I am not sure I can say the same for the Df.

I found the dials on the top panel, particularly the ISO dial, a bit awkward to use. The subcommand dial felt odd and not as comfortable to use as those on modern Nikon DSLRs.

For a while, I can say that I was a fence-sitter. But I think I'm gonna regrettably take a pass on the Df.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow