Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
olakiril2
Contributing MemberPosts: 551
Like?
NIKON D(A7/r)
10 months ago

Nikon has produced some excellent DSLR cameras, but it lags behind in the mirrorless market. I have been searching for years a camera that will accompany me the most of the time like my old FE2 was, but nothing has met my needs. I am not stuck at the past and I don't mean retro. I mean a professional compact camera that will have a state of the art EVF and silent operation.

Size/weight is important for carrying the camera with me all the time.

EVF is important of for these low light situations that my eye is not sensitive enough. And these low light situations are actually where I shoot 1/3 of my pictures. My D800 covers the rest.

Silent is important so I can be as less obtrusive as possible.

Technology is already here, but a product is not. I recently tried an A7 but the loud shutter sound and the lousy shutter lag┬ámade it just a very expensive toy. Next in line is the X-E1/2 but the EVF is subpar.

Am I the only one? Wouldn't you at least consider a professional mirrorless compact D(A7) with a D4 sensor, EVF and cloth shutter?

Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow