Will my NEX go the same way as my R1?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
UnderDriven
Senior MemberPosts: 1,052Gear list
Like?
Re: Will my NEX go the same way as my R1?
In reply to Jerry R, 7 months ago

Jerry R wrote:

I'm still waiting for an R2 and until it comes I'll continue using the R1.

You and me both! Sony has come tantalizingly close to producing an R2, although they always come up short. Of course, it all depends on what you think the R2 should be. If you don't want interchangeable lenses, then some might say the RX10 is the R2--but the sensor is too small (technically the R1 sensor was a bit smaller than APS-C, but not by much).

For myself, I always thought the R2 should be an interchangeable lens camera--there is only so much you can do with a single lens, even if it is as good as the R1 lens. The NEX cameras have the wrong form factor, although I guess you can get a 3rd party grip for the NEX-7. SLT cameras certainly aren't the R2, although I went with an A55 and A57 out of necessity. I suppose my R2 would be an A7000, with E-mount, EVF, and a fully articulated LCD. Who knows if that will ever happen...

-- hide signature --

“The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks!” --Henri Cartier-Bresson

UnderDriven's gear list:UnderDriven's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sigma SD14 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A57 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow