ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stateff
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
I consider moving up from compact
Dec 11, 2013

Hello everybody,
I am fairly new to photography. I have always been keen on taking good photos, but never got to buying a good camera. I currently own a Ricoh CX3, which I bought for about 120 Eur two years ago. I then fell in love with the macro mode on this thing, besides for a compact camera in the price range of Rollei or a Praktica it does take some pretty darn nice photos actually.
Now I am considering a move up. I already read a lot about beginners DSLRs and managed to narrow my choice to 3 or 4 of them, that being the Sony SLT A58, the Pentax K500, the Nikon d3100, the Canon 1100d. I highly favor the first two, since I have already tried out all of them and find the quick auto-focus and the good image quality to be the real pros of the Sony and Pentax. You might have already noticed that I am looking for something on a budget as low as possible.
The thing is, I read a lot about mirrorless cameras in the past few days and I am kind of getting interested in them just as much as I am in DSLRs.
What are your thoughts on which I should buy and why? Can any of you recommend an affordable and capable mirrorless camera?
Thank you in advance for your opinions and suggestions.
Stef

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 1100D (EOS Rebel T3 / EOS Kiss X50) Nikon D3100 Pentax K-500 Ricoh CX3 Sony SLT-A58
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow