Started Dec 11, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
New MemberPosts: 1
I consider moving up from compact
Dec 11, 2013

Hello everybody,
I am fairly new to photography. I have always been keen on taking good photos, but never got to buying a good camera. I currently own a Ricoh CX3, which I bought for about 120 Eur two years ago. I then fell in love with the macro mode on this thing, besides for a compact camera in the price range of Rollei or a Praktica it does take some pretty darn nice photos actually.
Now I am considering a move up. I already read a lot about beginners DSLRs and managed to narrow my choice to 3 or 4 of them, that being the Sony SLT A58, the Pentax K500, the Nikon d3100, the Canon 1100d. I highly favor the first two, since I have already tried out all of them and find the quick auto-focus and the good image quality to be the real pros of the Sony and Pentax. You might have already noticed that I am looking for something on a budget as low as possible.
The thing is, I read a lot about mirrorless cameras in the past few days and I am kind of getting interested in them just as much as I am in DSLRs.
What are your thoughts on which I should buy and why? Can any of you recommend an affordable and capable mirrorless camera?
Thank you in advance for your opinions and suggestions.

This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 1100D (EOS Rebel T3 / EOS Kiss X50) Nikon D3100 Pentax K-500 Ricoh CX3 Sony SLT-A58
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow