Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shashinka73
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Using flash with the DP3 Merrill
7 months ago

I recently got a little curious about using the DP3M for things like product shots, certain kinds of portrait, even regular old shots when fill flash is needed, etc. This, however, would necessitate the use of flash and that's one area of photography where I'm not even clueless: I'm at the beginning of the road that leads to clueless-ville.

Firstly, I'd need to know a suitable flash, and secondly I'd need a tutorial aimed at total idiots. Assume that I know right next to nothing. I don't understand the numbers they use (20 feet at ISO 100, etc), I don't understand the idea of flash compensation and I don't understand how you combine flash with available light. This is not boasting of my ignorance, but it is a fairly accurate description of my knowledge.

Anyone who can point me in the right direction for either or both of these earns 46mp equivalent of gratitude!

Sigma DP3 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow