X-E2 - another review and jpeg DR observations ...

Started Dec 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sal Baker
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,888Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E2 - another review and jpeg DR observations ...
In reply to Kq77, Dec 11, 2013

Kq77 wrote:

Hello,

In the latest X-E2 review - Tech Radar has shown poor results in jpeg dynamic range section.

The XE-2 results are the worst among competing camers, and what is the most courius (to me), much worse the X-E1?

The results are supported by words: "The relatively low dynamic range scores of the X-E2 reflect our findings in the real world, where highlights can be lost a little early [...]"

It's to early to have my own observarations so I have to rely on this graphs - especially because they look very profi

The results for the RAW are OK (ACR) but I have bought this camers for OOC JPEG, to simplify my workflow (life ;-)) and I was quite happy what my already-sold X-E1 produced.

Any suggetions ? Forget OOC JPEGs ? forget this review? Correct in-camera settings ?

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/cameras-and-camcorders/cameras/digital-slrs-hybrids/fuji-x-e2-1189190/review/5#articleContent

Best Regards,

Kriss

Hi, since you own the X-E2 and previously used an X-E1 why are you asking us to tell you IQ comparisons. Who cares what one poorly executed Internet test claimed. You could also quote the dozens of reputable reviews that say the X-E2 jpegs are the best in any camera. Again, who cares?

You have the camera, read the manual, adjust the defaults, take some pictures and look at them.

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 350D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow