Yet Another "Which lens should I take" thread - Thailand

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
happypoppeye
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,781Gear list
Like?
Hmmm...
In reply to markymark101, 8 months ago

markymark101 wrote:

Traveling to Thailand soon and trying to figure out the kit I want to take.  What I have:

Camera EM-5

Oly 9-18mm

Oly 12mm

Pany 25mm

Oly 45mm

Oly 75mm

Pany 45-200

What I"m thinking...

I'm definitely taking the 9-18mm.

I don't usually like to overlap, but I figure the 12mm would come in handy for low light in temples, etc.

Pany 25mm for people/ street - also low light.

The mid to long telephoto becomes a bit of a quandry.  I usually always take the 45-200 but that's on hiking trips where I might see wild animals in the distance.  It's a comparitively large lens, and  I doubt there will be much use for it in Thailand  I figure take the 45mm and/or the 75mm, instead.

If I don't worry about low light, I suppose I could take leave the 12mm at home, and just take the 9-18mm, 25mm, 45 and/or 75mm.

Thoughts?

Take the 9-18 and 25. I usually just go out with my 14 2.5 and never felt like I missed a shot really (I have a condo in sukhumvit). ...or a ts-20 if I'm going to the beach.

Saying your going to Thailand is a bit broad ...where are you going? ...ie: Bangkok, Samui, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, beach, mountain, etc.

happypoppeye's gear list:happypoppeye's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow