Df instead of my D800E??

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
laddsmith
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
Re: Df instead of my D800E??
In reply to profus, 11 months ago

Your original comments are imo the best of the myriad questions on this, and also point out how smart Nikon was in bringing out the DF.  I completely agree with your comments D700 vs D800E.  Maybe I just shot more with the D700-but somehow I loved the camera, gave it to my wife, and she won't return it-my legal advice is that is really not grounds for divorce.  Anyway another huge benefit of the DF is it is a much "less threatening" looking camera for taking shots of people, street pics, family, etc.  I occaisionally shoot with a Fuji X100-people want to see the camera, look at the image, always ask if it is a film camera, etc.  Taking a picture of someone with the D800E and my 28-70 (Beast) lens certainly in their mind is not a snapshot.

With your considerations, I would rent as others have suggested, but I am betting you go for the DF.  I print large images, and am hoping to bond more with the D800E like I did with the D700.

-- hide signature --

Ladd Smith

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow