Df instead of my D800E??

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
laddsmith
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
Re: Df instead of my D800E??
In reply to profus, 9 months ago

Your original comments are imo the best of the myriad questions on this, and also point out how smart Nikon was in bringing out the DF.  I completely agree with your comments D700 vs D800E.  Maybe I just shot more with the D700-but somehow I loved the camera, gave it to my wife, and she won't return it-my legal advice is that is really not grounds for divorce.  Anyway another huge benefit of the DF is it is a much "less threatening" looking camera for taking shots of people, street pics, family, etc.  I occaisionally shoot with a Fuji X100-people want to see the camera, look at the image, always ask if it is a film camera, etc.  Taking a picture of someone with the D800E and my 28-70 (Beast) lens certainly in their mind is not a snapshot.

With your considerations, I would rent as others have suggested, but I am betting you go for the DF.  I print large images, and am hoping to bond more with the D800E like I did with the D700.

-- hide signature --

Ladd Smith

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow