I did a firmware reversal on the P7700....from 1.3 to 1.2 - it worked!

Started Dec 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
tomjar
Regular MemberPosts: 468
Like?
Re: Me too!
In reply to Terrier989, Dec 10, 2013

Terrier989 wrote:

Only problem I can foresee is if they bring out a 1.4 and make it dependent on seeing 1.3 installed or just embed 1.3 in it, but same will apply to me as I have not installed 1.3.

just wodering if nikon upgrades are regional dependent minolta's always were. - usa, europe and asia

I have 1.1 and 1.2 ( presume european downloaded from nikon uk), you can transfer big files by skype.

terrier

I was concerned about the possibility for regional differences as well, since my camera was bought locally (EU market) and I downloaded the firmware from the Canadian Nikon site. But it didn't seem to matter, downgrading from 1.3 back to 1.2 worked perfectly and I don't see any differences apart form the fact that the 3rd-party battery works again.

As far as skipping a firmware version is concerned, it is stated somewhere in the instructions for downloading/installation that firmware upgrades contain all the changes from the previous intermediate upgrades so you can upgrade form 1.0 to 1.3 directly and unless they change this rule, going from 1.2 to 1.4 should not be a problem. But I know I will not be tempted by 1.4 if it ever becomes available because it would render my non-Nikon battery useless again.

T.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow