Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OlyChamp
Senior MemberPosts: 4,282Gear list
Like?
Nearly Three Months
7 months ago

Yup that's how long the OM D EM-1 has been on the market.  After a few weeks there was conjecture that the camera was good enough for E System diehards to switch systems and in some cases this has happened.

But there was also a few posts about some folks selling their E Systems to facilitate that switch.  And probably with good reason.  But what is the truth now?  Well apart from that few, many have stuck with "outdated" gear and still ply their trade in photography with vim and vigour.

So what of those sell offs?  Well I have been monitoring our local auction sites with a certain degree of hope in picking up an Ex and glass for a bargain price.  The reality is otherwise.  Apart from one E620 and Kit Lenses (that has been asking too much), there have been no other E systems up for sale.  None!!  Plenty of mFT systems, but no E system units.

I am not sure how overseas representations on auction sites are going but here in NZ if folks are buying into the OM D EM-1 then they are also keeping their E systems, so far.

Your thoughts and experiences?

Thane

-- hide signature --

"I take photographs, if you want them back see my lawyer!!"

OlyChamp's gear list:OlyChamp's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-620 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +2 more
Olympus E-620
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Hmm?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow