Uncompromised Landscape Lens for A7R?

Started Dec 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Clayton1985
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,027
Like?
Re: Uncompromised Landscape Lens for A7R?
In reply to abortabort, Dec 9, 2013

abortabort wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

NumberOne wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

abortabort wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

Whatever, unless Sigma or another third party produce something it seems that there won't be any E-mount lenses filling this gap until at least 2015

Makes the Zeiss Touit 12mm f2.8 at $999 on a high-end APS-C E-mount body look ever more inviting... oh wait...

The publicly released FE roadmap shows a Zeiss UWA early 2014.

Really?

This is the roadmap, can you tell me which is the UW and what the other lenses are?

Thanks

...Maybe I can...

...It may help those who can't read Japanese...

Best regards,
Pedro

Thank you!

I hope the 'ultra-wide' zoom is a 20-35. This gives a very useful range, but isn't so ambitious that it requires either significant optical compromises or large body size

My guess is it will be a 16-35mm f4, probably with OSS. A 20-35mm would have been great, but I think many would be 'up in arms' if it was 'only' as wide as 20mm. Many are already saying they want 14 or even 12mm.

I'd like it to be at least 16mm wide even if you give up some range on the long end.   My guess is that it will be a full frame version of the 10-18 so around 16-27 or 16-28 f4.   That would work fine for me especially if it helps keep the size down.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow