OK, what do you think of -this- photo?

Started Nov 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
skanter
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,813Gear list
Like?
Re: not a blizzard
In reply to jrkliny, Dec 9, 2013

jrkliny wrote:

Sam, You are obviously very interested and very knowledgeable. It seems a waste that you try to use a gear forum to have a discussion of some aesthetic aspects of photography. There are lots of places where you would find a community of photographers who are likewise knowledgeable and interested. Whether the moderators allow this sort of discussion on a gear forum is really not the issue.

-- hide signature --

Jim, I've been a member if thus community for 12 years, and have posted on many different topics about gear and about photography. I post on other photography forums as well. I post what I believe to be relevant; some may agree, some may disagree. There seem to be many who were interested in this thread, as there are more than 100 replies. As I said, there were many public and private thanks from those who found the thread relevant and meaningful. You may not care what moderators think, but they do make the rules, and they do not think, like me, that this forum should be limited to discussion of gear only.

jrkliny wrote:

I suspect you are just throwing out some bait so you can engage some suckers and demonstrate your superior knowledge or at least a superior and condescending attitude. There really does not seem to be a lot to be gained from attacking someone who does not like your photo. Nor does there seem to be much reason for this type of discussion on this forum. Post on a different forum where participants are interested and knowledgeable about the type of issues you profess to be important.

As I found your last post quite demeaning and disrespectful, I'd appreciate if you put me on your ignore list. That way you would not have to read my posts since you consider them inappropriate, and I would no longer have to deal with your attitude. Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

skanter's gear list:skanter's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
crapNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow