Uncompromised Landscape Lens for A7R?

Started Dec 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,616Gear list
Like?
Re: Uncompromised Landscape Lens for A7R?
In reply to japa, Dec 9, 2013

Hi,

There are a range of relatively small (f2.8, 49 & 52mm filters) and light weight lenses out there worth a try.  They maybe very good in their own right or maybe a good stop gap lens until a native FE lens emerges off the road map.  I've seen some brief reports on Nikon and Canon 24mm and 28mm MF lenses.  There are other similar lenses from Pentax and Minolta.  All that I can say at the moment is that they seem to be a more consistently useable lot than short registration RF lenses.

One RF Leica lens (and a very relevant one if you want light weight for landscape) that I've yet to see any report on is the 24mm/3.8, their cheapest and reputedly sharpest 24mm if you can live with the slow maximum aperture. Does no-one with an A7r and a Leica own one?

I haven't got my A7r yet, but will try the MF Pentax A 20mm/2.8 and the Nikon AIS 24mm/2.8 when I do.

It may be that the native FE lens will be the best.  When it emerges.  I'm also going to take an interest in the FE Zeiss 24-70/4 and the WA zoom when they're available. However, the 24-70 is getting toward the bigger end (physically) for me to be interested.  I guess if it's excellent across its range, it might be worthwhile to avoid carrying four primes and to avoid dust issues when changing lenses.

Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow