Started Nov 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 5,675Gear list
Re: Capturing mood and feeling....
In reply to The Davinator, Dec 8, 2013

Dave Luttmann wrote:

skanter wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

I couldn't agree more Sam. In fact, I did a write up on the whole issue of realism, emotion, and feeling on my blog here. I did a series of photos using Wet Plate Collodion to actually move away from technical purity and venture into the who arena of mood, feeling and emotion.

Dave, terrific work with the wet plates. I love your sensibility. I wish more people here would understand that photography (and all art) is about feeling, and that technique is just a way to get there.

Also loved that you opened your blog with a quote from Bill Evans. I'm a jazz pianist as well, and Evans is one of my heroes.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

Thanks Sam. Evans was a master of the trio. I have many of his LPs including some of the 45rpm master recordings. I would also agree that photography is about capturing a feeling.

Ah people that like some music. Have you checked Buena Vista Social Club and Frank Zappa?

Chicken skin music.

Bill Evans I never heard of untill yesterday, sounds good and needs further investigation

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Limburger's gear list:Limburger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow