GXR Lenses, lensors & Misc.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Runnicle
Regular MemberPosts: 457Gear list
Like?
Re: GXR Lenses, lensors & Misc.
In reply to dbledsoe, 8 months ago

Don, I noticed my mistaken attribution of the Schneider DKL-mount lens almost as soon as I posted it, and quickly posted another acknowledging my mistake.

Yesterday was taken up with updating firmware in the epl2 camera, and also for each of the three m4/3 lenses that I have for the camera.  I found it interesting that one could update firmware for a Pana lens (in this case the 45mm - 150mm) at the Oly tech support web site.  Apparently, the agreement btw Pana & Oly that led to the m4/3 resulted in operational cooperation beyond just a paper agreement...refreshing.

When I finally got the camera's firmware updated, a very slow process via fairly slow WiFi connection, the first thing that I did was to try out the VF3 viewfinder on the epl2, and it works great compared to its pre-firmware upgrade state of not working at all.  Then, I placed the silver epl2 body alongside the jet-black GXR, both with their EVF in place, and found their comparative dimensions to be nearly identical, except that the EVF is higher by about 1/8" on the epl2 than on the GXR.  Today I'm going to do a few shooting comparisons between these two.

Run

Runnicle's gear list:Runnicle's gear list
Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 Sony SLT-A57 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow