Uncompromised Landscape Lens for A7R?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
NumberOne
Senior MemberPosts: 1,453Gear list
Like?
Re: Uncompromised Landscape Lens for A7R?
In reply to japa, 9 months ago

japa wrote:

Since we have bought, or will buy the A7R because it is light, full frame and has a great sensor, is there a landscape lens(24mm or less) that doesn't undermine those essential attributes?

That eliminates hefty SLR lenses on adaptors, legacy lenses that require cropping and/or software solutions for colour issues and vignetting, and mediocre optics that compromise the IQ and resolution potential of the A7R sensor.

Any first hand experience with an excellent lightweight landscape lens that brings the best out of this camera?

Unless you can't move some steps back, I don't see what's wrong "doing landscape" with the available «Sony FE 35_F2.8_Z»...

Then, you have the launch of the «Sony FE 24-70_F4_ZA-OSS» on late January 2014; and in middle/late 2014 an Ultra-wide F4 zoom, if zooms are your business...

So - if you can wait a little - I guess you will have "immediate" options...

( As a personal note, though, I expect Sony to release some wide-angle fixed focal length lenses soon, as the A7s, specially the A7R sibling, are great landscape photographic tools... )

Best regards,
Pedro

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow