Uncompromised Landscape Lens for A7R?

Started Dec 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Clayton1985
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,037
Like?
Re: Uncompromised Landscape Lens for A7R?
In reply to japa, Dec 8, 2013

japa wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a few limited choices, all requiring adapters, and the best of the the choices costs $6,500. My guess Sony/Zeiss have done the math and know where they have us....

The camera was just released and there is a roadmap that shows an UWA Zeiss zoom in the first part of next year.   But even before that you have more choices of incredible landscape lenses on this camera than any other that I know of.  Sure, it presents more of a challenge with your specific requirements but you have plenty of options and they don't cost $6500.  And you won't get what you're asking for with any other system.

My guess is that you would have gotten many more good suggestions had you not asked for an uncompromised landscape lens while also giving the impression that you didn't want adapted lenses.   Many of the Nikon primes, Olympus primes, Pentax primes, etc are reasonably compact  with an adapter and they make great landscape lenses.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow