GM1 vs. Sony RX100 II, almost equal

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,330Gear list
Like?
Shows the potential of the 1"sensor
In reply to eivissa1, 10 months ago

eivissa1 wrote:

DXOMark is slightly disappointed in the GM1's sensor.

The RX100 ll holds up surprisingly well.

The GX7's sensor is the better one.

http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-GM1-versus-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-GX7-versus-Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX100-II___920_901_896

The RX100II performs admirably. I already wrote on the Nikon 1 forum that people should not switch to m43 or APSc. If the Nikon 1 gets anything like the Sony RX100II sensor it leaves little to be desired when compared to m43s. Great performance.

GX7 pulls slightly ahead but I don't tjhink people will motice this. Especially EM1, but also the other Sony 4/3 sensors, are truely better.  But even here I wonder who is going to see that...

Panasonic really needs to try to do better than GM1, even GX7 and next year they sould surpass EM1 performance in order to stay competitive when we only look at sensors. The organic sensor, together with Fuji, and some other new technology we'll get there.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow