Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 12,353Gear list
Like?
Re: Capturing mood and feeling....
In reply to skanter, 8 months ago

skanter wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

I couldn't agree more Sam. In fact, I did a write up on the whole issue of realism, emotion, and feeling on my blog here. I did a series of photos using Wet Plate Collodion to actually move away from technical purity and venture into the who arena of mood, feeling and emotion.

http://www.luttmannphotography.blogspot.ca/2013/10/emotional-narratives-and-low-fidelity.html

Dave, terrific work with the wet plates. I love your sensibility. I wish more people here would understand that photography (and all art) is about feeling, and that technique is just a way to get there.

Also loved that you opened your blog with a quote from Bill Evans. I'm a jazz pianist as well, and Evans is one of my heroes.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

Thanks Sam.  Evans was a master of the trio.  I have many of his LPs including some of the 45rpm master recordings.  I would also agree that photography is about capturing a feeling.

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
crapNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow