Problem returning 29 cameras to B&H Photo Locked

Started Dec 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
This thread is locked.
Nakiphoto Contributing Member • Posts: 560
Re: Problem returning 29 cameras to B&H Photo

YD wrote:

I had the misfortune today to returning a shipment of 29 Nikon D800 cameras at B&H Photo and having them tell me that I should have purchased one to evaluate it first!! I told that I wanted to try the 30 and pick the best one and returning the remaining 29 is a normal practice at every other camera store except there store apparently. I routinly buy 30 items at Best Buy and return the 29 I don't want. But these guys act like I'm abusing a privalege!

My friend recently purchased a camera, returned it, purchased another, returned it, purchased another, returned it and then purchased another. But for some reason I'm being singled out by them. Then people call him a troll for sharing his experience. I expect B&H being professionals, not tell me some things I don't want to here!

I had a similar experience yesterday... I tried to return my FM2 as I decided it didn't suit my purposes anymore. I figured that it cost me about $600 when I originally bought it so figured owing to about 15 year's inflation I should walk out with a cool 2-3k.....

Well I rang them; "no such number"..... Oh well; must have changed.... Couldn't find them in the white pages; still nothing. Figured I'd fly to where I'd bought it from as the return flights were only $1000 so I'd still be $1400 in credit.

Got to the address and would you believe it; a damn McDonalds is now there. Nothing ventured, nothing gained; so I went to see what Ronald could do for me. Well to cut a long story short the miserable sods didn't even give me a free cheeseburger. So I bought a Happy Meal and would you believe it? To add insult to injury the free toy was a plastic camera.

Shoddy business practice these days..... Be warned everyone; don't buy anything at all and be saved the heartache of loss.....

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YD
YD
YD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
GPW
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
TOF guy MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow