Going back tomorrow - How can I do better? - Night shots

Started 9 months ago | Photos thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,361Gear list
Like?
Re: Going back tomorrow - How can I do better? - Night shots
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 9 months ago

So here are three versions. As you see I chose a different composition. That turned out to be a really good thing since the main subject of my previous effort was the bridge lights and they never came on.

The first one shows the lighted signs the best but lacks the impact I look for in night shots.

The second one has more impact but also more blown out signs.

I toned down the reds in the first and second. I toned down the blues in the second.

The third one is after I ran the second one through Topaz DeNoise. I can clearly see a difference at 200% but not much at normal viewing. Your thoughts on that would be appreciated.

shows the lighted signs the best but lacks the impact I look for in night shots

has more impact but also more blown out signs

through Topaz DeNoise - I can clearly see a difference at 200% but not much at normal viewing. Your thoughts on that would be appreciated.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow