Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RaajS
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,047Gear list
Like?
The Df is a remarkable camera - [4 images]
10 months ago

I find the Df to be a remarkable camera. There's been a lot of discussion about "retro" dials. I find them to be intuitively easy to use and the locks do not get in the way at all. The ISO dial is very useful. EC works well in Aperture Priority mode. Matrix metering is superb. Ergonomically it does not fit my hands as well as the the D3 or the D3x but it is a smaller camera. It certainly is no worse ergonomically than a rangefinder. While I am a manual focus user predominantly, I find the AF on the Df very effectively - the kit lens focuses blinding fast. I haven't done a scientific comparison but it appears to me to be as fast with the kit lens as on the D3x or the D3. I was a little reluctant to initially get the kit lens but I am glad I did.

I am mostly interested in B&W and what I find most remarkable is the quality of SOOC jpgs in monochrome mode. The following four snapshots are SOOC jpgs with no processing whatsoever. Sharpening, contrast etc. all set to the base "0".

"Young Jedi"

"The other young Jedi"

"Smile"

"Skinny comes for a visit"

Comments and critique welcome! Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

-raaj

-- hide signature --

'Change is not Mandatory, you don't have to Survive...'
SeekingLight.net

Nikon D3 Nikon D3X Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SamNew
4X5New
KentNew
LeifNew
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow