Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 13,949Gear list
Like?
Ed: much tighter machining specs of Conurus/MB adapters
In reply to digitalhecht, 11 months ago

digitalhecht wrote:

Thanks, jpr2! Here is the link at B&H:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/983747-REG/metabones_mb_ef_e_bm3_canon_ef_to_e_mount_nex.html

I'd be curious to know your thoughts on the bad reviews. Thanks again.

I guess you must mean some reported problems in mounting EF lenses on these adapters? If yes, then explanation is rather simple - for some reason MB decided to prioritize video-shooting use, and they pose that in order to achieve this they were asked by videographers to tighten the EF-mount side so there will be virtually zero-slack (don't ask me why, as I'm completely uninterested in videos and lack any knowledge there). It was commented earlier, and there were even direct responses on this forum from Conurus' founder and main person behind this exciting software crack, Bo Ming from Vancouver (perhaps if you'll use DPR's search function you'd be able to find those posts). The immediate solution is to flatten a bit three springy blades inside the EF side of the adapter, that is if you have nimble fingers and some gumption to DIY, otherwise your seller's staff should be able to handle this with ease.

jpr2

PS no, I don't think selling your L glass in EF would be a prudent decision, just look how much these lenses have gained in prices in recent months - and sooner or later you'd like to repurchase them all (at an almost certain loss ). The arrival of A7/A7s can only exacerbate this process as there are suddenly rather few more buyers on a lookout for lenses matching the resolution of the new FF sensors .

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow