Started Dec 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?
LSize versus MSize, when you should use it and your recommendation
Dec 7, 2013

I want to share my experience on when you should use LSize and MSize so here goes my side-by-side comparisons. If you can share your own side-by-side comparison and recommendation, that would be helpful instead of bubbling non-sense claim. Again, posting a single picture with non-sense text is not gonna help us...

First up is daylight comparisons...

Upscaled MSize versus LSizeNo contest, LSize wins in detail

MSize versus Downscaled LSizeStill a win for LSize....

Next is DR comparison between MSize DR400 and Lsize DR100

MSize DR400 sky is nicer here....

Upscaled MSize versus LSizeMSize has better DR as seen on the sky and building but LSize definitely has better detail.

Next is low-light....

LSize versus upscaled MSizedLSize superiority in resolution...

Downscaled LSize versus MSizeLSize still showing more detail....

Both downscaled to 1920px (LSize left - MSize right) and crank up the zoom to show huge advantage of LSize in detail.

EXR High ISO/Low Noise versus Downscaled LSize at 100%Note that I did not apply NR on LSize so EXR H/L is a bit better in noise but LSize is a bit better on the shadows.

EXR High ISO/Low Noise versus Downscaled LSize at 50%Note that there is virtually zero difference in noise after downscaling both at the same size.

So here goes my genuine recommendations:

- If you are up to detail and maximum IQ whatever FL, landscape or macro or bird, daylight or lowlight, JPEG or RAW, shoot in LSize.

- If you are a JPEG shooter and want the best DR, shoot in MSize DR400

- If you are a JPEG shooter and don't want extra PP(NR or downsizing) of low-light shot high ISO, shoot in MSize otherwise LSize will yield the same result.

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow