E-M1 - Bracketing / No shutter delay OR wireless remote shutter?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,210Gear list
Like?
E-M1 - Bracketing / No shutter delay OR wireless remote shutter?
8 months ago

So here I am up at 4:00 am, playing with my E-M1 in my living room, and I think I found something I don't like.

As indicated in another thread that I read previously, and confirmed by my own experience, you can not set the E-M1 to do BOTH bracketing and delay shutter release 2s or 12s.

I had always assumed that you could avoid any camera vibration from pushing the shutter by connecting to the wireless app and releasing the shutter that way. Based on my experiment this (early) morning, however, that isn't true.

1. I set up the E-M1 to do bracketing the normal way
  2. I tested to make sure it worked
  3. I connected to the wireless app
  4. I pressed the shutter on my Smartphone
  5. Only one shot was taken
  6. I then tried to find a way to explicitly turn on bracketing with the wireless app and could not

So my question is... If I want to fire off a bracketed set of shots with the E-M1 and avoid any possibility of vibrating the camera by pushing the shutter, how do I do it?

Is the only option to buy a separate remote shutter release?

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow