A7/A7R - HDR / Bracketing.... How are YOU going to do it?!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeff31M
Forum MemberPosts: 59
Like?
A7/A7R - HDR / Bracketing.... How are YOU going to do it?!
8 months ago

As a Canon 5d MK2 user who had Magic Lantern installed, I had the best of HDR world at my fingertips.

I could set the number of exposures, the range, and all of it was accessable via TIMER or standard shooting.  It worked great.

However, on the Sony side of things, it is a different game.

In a perfect world I could get a 2 second timer followed by 3-5 HDR shots in a variable EV arrangement.  Normally I am fine with 3 shots, but when I am shooting into the sun , sometimes its nice to go with 5 so I have some playign room.

Anyhow, playing with my A7, and I am trying to figure out the best way to do this.  Holding down the button SUCKS.  I dont like that option.

I installed a remote trigger app on my phone (IR on Galaxy Note 3) but it only seems to work near the FRONT of the camera.  Im assuming thats where the sensor is.  I cant be holding a cell phone in front of my camera to take pics :/

Any thoughts/whats your method for doing so?!?

Id love someone to create a Sony app that did what we WANT, Id be willing to pay good $$$ for it too.

Canon EOS 5D Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow