OK, what do you think of -this- photo?

Started Nov 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
skanter
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,804Gear list
Like?
Re: Conclusions
In reply to Akpinxit, Dec 7, 2013

Akpinxit wrote:

The conditions and settings for this image is no brainier (although sarcasm some time still is) . The thing is , that while conducting your privet social experiment here , keep in mind , that beauty in photography field is subjective and in addition to two groups detected by you , there might be another one , which simply don't like the picture , nor from technical nor esthetical side .

Now days the line between fine art photography and P&S is very unclear.

Conditions and settings are a no brainer? Do you know that photographers have seen an image in their minds, then stood in the cold all day waiting for the light to be right? You have no idea what I had to do, or where I had to be to get that shot, or even recognize that the image was potentially there. This was not a matter of putting on an Instagram filter.

You certainly have the right not to like the photo, but your reasoning that it could have been easily done with Instagram filters shows extreme ignorance. By that "reasoning" all the great B&W photos of the past can be emulated by using an Instagram B&W filter.

>>Now days the line between fine art photography and P&S is very unclear.

This has got to be one of the most absurd and ridiculous statements I have seen on this forum in the 12 years I've participated here. I can only conclude from your comment that you don't know anything about the aesthetics of photography.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

skanter's gear list:skanter's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
crapNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow