Tamron 18-200 and clear image zoom

Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
DWMurf
Contributing MemberPosts: 969Gear list
Like?
Re: Clear Image Zoom with lenses other than 16-50
In reply to Mike Boreham, 4 months ago

Mike Boreham wrote:

I found this old thread because I thought CIZ wasn't working with my NEX6 and Sony 18-200 LE, so wanted to chip in to say thanks and clarify one thing for others who get here for the same reason.

With the 16-50 the little zoom bar shows clearly what is happening when you zoom, when you transition to CIZ and Digital Zoom if you have it turned on.

The zoom bar does not appear with other lenses. As lowincash says, CIZ is only accessed by Menu->Camera->zoom which produces a screen where you can dial in a zoom factor with the rear control dial.

Much less convenient than the 16-50, but there and working.

I have to say as one who has always despised Digital Zoom, I am impressed with CIZ and will definitely leave it turned on.

lowincash wrote:

Interesting, I thought the clear image zoom feature works with any lens? We're talking about that 2X zoom feature found in Camera --> Zoom right? I use this with legacy lenses no problem, wonder how come it won't work with the Tamron

The NEX 3N has a zoom lever on the body which makes using clear image zoom, and even digital zoom if I wanted to use it, easy on any lens, even fixed focal length legacy lenses. The zoom bar shows on the screen and is controllable like it is on the 16-50 PZ.

With my Rokinon 8mm f2.8 and 2X clear image zoom, I get an amazing 8-16mm f2.8 zoom, like no other lens that ever existed. 2X zoom may not seem like much difference, but at that wide a focal length it makes a huge difference, going from a 180 degree fish-eye to 24mm equivalent moderate wide angle.

-- hide signature --

David

DWMurf's gear list:DWMurf's gear list
Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Utltimate Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 UMC Aspherical Fisheye +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow