Senior MemberPosts: 1,390Gear list
Like?
Re: Test of D600 from Cameta
In reply to Alpha Tech, Dec 6, 2013

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Get yourself a (clean) brush, and dust if off yourself. Fingers crossed it is dust, or small particles, not oil.

I recommend waiting until the OP has a confirmation that is not an oil spot in the posted image. If oil is on the sensor, a brush could make the issue worse and lead to sensor damage with scratches.

Yet more FUD.

I have one of the expensive, battery operated Visible Dust brushes which I stopped using on Nikon cameras after the D300. There is too much risk of oil splatter with models from the D3 and onward. The oil can be transferred to the brush. There is no easy method of cleaning the brush after that occurs.

So whenever we see spots, we should send it it Nikon to see if it is oil, and if not, we can use a brush? The nonsense on this forum is sometimes unbelievable. A brush can be cleaned in pure solvent such as Eclipse. Or discarded. If a camera regularly produces oil spots, send it back.

Yes, the nonsense on this forum is incredible alright. Including posts like yours that infer one has to send the camera to Nikon for cleaning.

Then learn to express yourself more clearly.

Buy a good wet sensor cleaning kit and quit whining when helpful posts are made by others.

Your post was ill informed. If you cannot cope with people pointing out errors, don't post online.

-- hide signature --

Leif Goodwin's gear list:Leif Goodwin's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yawnNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow