Post your five favourite Sigma photographs of 2013 here!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
naturalgut
Regular MemberPosts: 100
Like?
Post your five favourite Sigma photographs of 2013 here!
7 months ago

Please post your favourite Sigma photographs of 2013 here!  It doesn't have to be the best composition, technique or the most popular- only that it was memorable for any reason.

Here are mine (All SD1M):

This was taken on one of the last warm days at the start of autumn.  I always find it adds to the experience when standing hip high in water.  Unfortunately I couldn't find a suitable rock under the sliding sands, so I couldn't use as slow a shutter as I would have liked.

This was memorable because within minutes of this photo the storm in the distance rolled in and the sky started casting sheets of stinging rain.  I didn't bring a waterproof cover (and I hate wiping down the lens after every shot or seeing droplets hit the filter mid exposure!)  so I clumsily stuffed the camera into a jacket and slid back to the sandy shore.

Returning to the same beach a few months later (as you can see the weather hadn't improved), this photograph was equal parts fun and frustrating; you can just make out in the horizon (or maybe not at this resolution) two Southern Right Whales.  I hadn't expected them and was stuck shooting rocks with the trusty 10-20mm ultrawide.

Memorable only because I narrowly avoided getting the SD1M swamped by a wave in this long exposure by desperately pulling the tripod out of the water :)!

The opaline water here made for a very fun shoot, enhanced considerably by the fact that it had been a while since I had leave.

Have a great end of 2013 everyone and best wishes for 2014.

Sigma SD1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow