Nikon Df, how easy to focus manually?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
lolopasstrail
Regular MemberPosts: 165
Like?
Re: Nikon Df, how easy to focus manually?
In reply to moimoi, 7 months ago

moimoi wrote:

Now that the Df is out, I really wonder how easy for the Df to focus manually without the focus confirmation dot?

So far I have not found any very useful information about the ability to focus. Yes some people have said it was easier, but I would like to get some thorough details about the Ovf

The questions kind of generic.  Traditionally the bete noir of SLRs has been fast wide angles.  Focusing may be fine for 'normal' and teles, but it's the fast wides that I want to find out about.  Your old school photojournalists might wear an FTn with a 105/2.5 and a Leica M4 with a 35/2 simply because of the focusing differences.

PS- funny that we consider the Df to have an OVF (Optical viewfinder).  An SLR would have been considered night and day different from a plain optical viewfinder camera, or even a viewfinder with a coupled rangefinder.  The viewfinder was basically a window with very nice glass and maybe some size reduction.  An SLR looks not through a viewfinder window but through the lens itself via a prism and mirrors and the light path goes through all kinds of twists and turns and reflections and size corrections and left and right corrections and upside down corrections before meeting your pupil.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow