Problem returning 29 cameras to B&H Photo Locked

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,735Gear list
Re: Problem returning 29 cameras to B&H Photo
In reply to YD, 10 months ago

YD wrote:

I had the misfortune today to returning a shipment of 29 Nikon D800 cameras at B&H Photo and having them tell me that I should have purchased one to evaluate it first!! I told that I wanted to try the 30 and pick the best one and returning the remaining 29 is a normal practice at every other camera store except there store apparently. I routinly buy 30 items at Best Buy and return the 29 I don't want. But these guys act like I'm abusing a privalege!

My friend recently purchased a camera, returned it, purchased another, returned it, purchased another, returned it and then purchased another. But for some reason I'm being singled out by them. Then people call him a troll for sharing his experience. I expect B&H being professionals, not tell me some things I don't want to here!

First off what makes you qualified to judge the differences in each example? These cameras are under very tight tolerances and you think your precious eye can judge the difference.

You must have had a ton of cash or credit in order to buy those in the first place. However, you just cost B&H a ton because of the returns.

The cameras were not defective. You are defective for thinking there would be a difference between them.

If I was B&H I would simply say "No, you can't return them" and lose you as a future customer.

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow