Test of D600 from Cameta

Started Nov 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Josh152
Senior MemberPosts: 1,263
Like?
Re: Why is anyone still buying then D600?
In reply to Leif Goodwin, Dec 6, 2013

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Josh152 wrote:

Rick Knepper wrote:

Did you get it for $99.99 plus 1000 reward points and a Cameta tote bag?

It's unfixable hence the D610.

jjsterling wrote:

Well I got my D600 ( serial # 300xxxx - 687 shutters) from Cameta Camera yesterday 12/3/13 with the recent $1299 pricing and it has over 25 spots that I can see at f/22 at 200mm with my 70-200 and yes of blue sky

Now I wonder if I should call up Nikon and send it to them for cleaning or replacement or Cameta

I guess they never refurbished as the outside of the pretty Nikon box indicates . A little misleading wouldn't you say.

I don't want to spend the time wet cleaning it, never done it before and I don't think I should have to since it is suppose to have come clean to start.

I wonder who I would return it to if I so desire. Nikon or Cameta.

++++++++++++++++++++

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy. Just say NO! to MAIL-IN REBATES.

Wrong. Many people have report no more problems once Nikon replaced the shutter. Lens rentals has reported the D610 shutter looks exactly the same as the D600 shutter. The only reason the D610 exists is because of internet hysteria like your post that ruined the reputation of a perfectly good camera that just had a manufacturing defect in some of the production runs, not even the majority of them either.

We never heard from the silent majority of thousands of D600 users that had no problems at all and so no reason to go online and post about the camera. So the skewed perception online was that all D600s had the problem when they didn't. Rather than fight this negative and incorrect perception Nikon just improved a couple of small things so they could rename the camera to the D610 after the defect was sorted out by passing the need to convince the online community that the D600 was "fixed" when only a small number of them ever had the problem anyway.

Well said. And if you buy a returned camera, that surely greatly increases the chance it is one of the problem units.

I asked here for recent buyers to give their experience and I think they were all positive.

-- hide signature --

True.  Most of the people who didn't have problem just kept their D600s and have no reason to get a D610 so almost all the refurb D600s out their now are more than likely returns from people who had the dust/oil issues.  Even the people selling used ones on eBay are probably people trying to get rid of problem D600s so they can replace them with D610s.  So there are good deals to be had as long as one assumes when buying that they will have to send the camera to Nikon to get the shutter replaced or deal with cleaning the sensor a lot.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yawnNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow