Going back tomorrow - How can I do better? - Night shots

Started 9 months ago | Photos thread
murfthesurf
Contributing MemberPosts: 570Gear list
Like?
Re: Try Tungsten White Balance just after sunset, also - get a PL filter for water at night
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 9 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

jrdmedford wrote:

An old trick for the blue early evening sky is to change to Tungsten WB setting. Give it a try!

I'll try it in post.

Next, even at night, a polarizing filter can dramatically improve shots with water present. Sure, the PL filter can cause you to lose a stop of light - so you'll need a tripod.

Hmmm... Maybe that's why folks are saying they are good since I accidentally left it on. I was using a tripod, as well.

I want to see if I can get a better startburst effect on the lights. I didn't realize they could be better than mine are but want to find out. Besides I want to put murfthesurf's mind at ease about the 12-40.

Thanks for that!

I would also turn off the IS for night shots and use a tripod - even though people believe that IS == Handheld ; not all the time. Try stopping down between f4 and f8 too.

Those are the two apertures I used last night f4 and f8.

-- hide signature --

- Murf

murfthesurf's gear list:murfthesurf's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow