Camera strap recommendation for OM-D

Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
mikegg
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
Re: Camera strap recommendation for OM-...B-grip
In reply to xpation, 10 months ago

I used a Black Rapid sling and it in my opinion it is far superior to a traditional strap. It's strap is a little thick for the EM-5, as it may be made for a heavier traditional DSLR. It's not perfect as my hand bumps into it when I walk, but it's still better than a camera banging on my chest and way less conspicuous, if that matters to you. I used it all through Thailand and Vietnam. I often turn it around and let it sit on the small of my back.

However I am now experimenting with a B-Grip. It's a totally different way to carry a camera, but I really like it.

http://www.bgrip.com/bhbeltholster/

The camera sits on your belt and is supported by a secure solid plastic holder. There is no strap on your shoulder, no hand on the camera, and you are free to walk, hike or run. It's easy to bring up to your eye and then goes right back into the holster and is very secure. It works well with a smaller M43 with any lens no matter how long.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

Mike

mikegg's gear list:mikegg's gear list
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow