Started Dec 6, 2013 | Photos thread
clengman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,308Gear list
Like?
Re: Going back tomorrow - How can I do better? - Night shots
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, Dec 6, 2013

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

ahmami wrote:

Firstly, nice images. Ideally you need to shoot at the "blue hour" - at twilight - to create images with impact. Or remove the sky as it does not lend much if too dark.

Remove the sky??

I hate the idea that I can only take photos for one hour of the day. I want to be able move around at night, find beauty, and capture it.

Unfortunately, for shots like your first (which I like by the way), that's the best answer. You want the natural light and artificial light to be balanced a little better so you can tune your exposure to prevent blowing the highlights, keep a little color in the sky and keep some detail in the buildings. Timing is the best way to accomplish that. Doesn't mean you can't snap some skyline photos at other times, but the best of them will most likely happen when the light is just right.

clengman's gear list:clengman's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow