Problem returning 29 cameras to B&H Photo Locked

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
fotolopithecus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,699Gear list
Re: Problem returning 29 cameras to B&H Photo
In reply to YD, 8 months ago

YD wrote:

I had the misfortune today to returning a shipment of 29 Nikon D800 cameras at B&H Photo and having them tell me that I should have purchased one to evaluate it first!! I told that I wanted to try the 30 and pick the best one and returning the remaining 29 is a normal practice at every other camera store except there store apparently. I routinly buy 30 items at Best Buy and return the 29 I don't want. But these guys act like I'm abusing a privalege!

My friend recently purchased a camera, returned it, purchased another, returned it, purchased another, returned it and then purchased another. But for some reason I'm being singled out by them. Then people call him a troll for sharing his experience. I expect B&H being professionals, not tell me some things I don't want to here!

So in your estimation either the store, or Nikon should eat the other 29 cameras, or be forced to sell them as used? Perhaps you think they should sell your unapproved cameras as new to other customers after you've opened them and tested them. If there's legitimately something wrong, or not within spec for a camera then by all means one has the right to return it, but you just sound like a nut that thinks the world revolves around him. Oh and yeah, what's the names of the other stores where this is a normal practice?

fotolopithecus's gear list:fotolopithecus's gear list
Nikon D610 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow