Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
shawnfb
Contributing MemberPosts: 514Gear list
Like?
Got my XE2 and A7R battling it out and ..wow....I am shocked
9 months ago

I posted over in the Sony forum, but, wow.... My very preliminary experiences are astonishing..

I gotta tell ya.... I have been playing with both the Xe2 with the "kit" 18-55 and the A7R with the 35 2.8.. in REAL time experiences at home indoors with difficult lighting, high auto ISO ..3200... isn.. Auto WB, and the Xe2 is outperforming the A7r .. The Xe2 is NAILING the whites, and better true colors than the A7R... .. I will try to post some comparison images..

for example I am taking stills of food, at a dinner table, a single candle, overhead dim incandesceant, and filters of light from a large plasma TV in another room...

The A7R is destroying the whites with a strong green hue, while the fuji 100 percent nails it!

The crop shows MUCH greater detail in the Fuji with less noise, while the A7R definitely can crop.. but the noise is significant compared to the Fuji at equal FOV...

Again,, I will download the Jpegs later...

very interesting....--

shawn

shawnfb's gear list:shawnfb's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +5 more
Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow