Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Deardorff
Junior MemberPosts: 46
Like?
How about ISO 25 or lower?
4 months ago

Sure miss Kodachrome 25 for color and Tech Pan for B&W.

Shooting today in 5 below zero, 15-25mph winds and blowing snow. Darned ISO won't go low enough to really let me get blowing snow blurred as I want.

I know - "use a neutral density filter" is the usual response. Changing them in these conditions is not a fun deal. Laying on bare ice with the camera on a Leicapod while trying to get the blur I want - slow ISO would have been perfect. Dropping a filter while havling to expose fingers while changing things is not something  I like doing - and it happens.

I do miss the very slow films and wish we had the ISO options in the cameras. They keep going to zillion plus ISO settings but nothing on the other end. Sure would be nice to have, especially as I don't like carrying that much extra gear and little items. The Polarizing filter is enough - put it on and stick with it. Changing out ND filters in addition - not fun in the cold and wind. Add in more air to glass surfaces to flare when shooting directly into the sun and it just brings more problems.

So, start lobbying Canon to put in really slow ISO settings - while keeping qualitiy high.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FakeNew
YesNew
SomeNew
dateNew
WhyNew
NoNew
CoolNew
Yes?New
YesNew
lostNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow