Extended battery grip for DF

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
michaeladawson
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,767Gear list
Like?
Re: Extended battery grip for DF
In reply to Hugo First, 10 months ago

Hugo First wrote:

there's no reason why you can't want this, but in my mind it kind of defeats the purpose of constructing a smaller, less-obtrusive body if you're going to add a third or more to the size and weight. i suppose one might hope that the extra battery power would increase the frame rate, which would really make the Df a poor man's D4... that is probably EXACTLY the reason nikon WON'T oblige... it's quite possible, however, that a third-party vendor will offer an after-market product, but can you imagine removing the grip each time you wish to download images from the SD card? not me...

Unless Nikon built in contacts to support an added grip there is nothing a third party can make that would support the "usual" grip features.  Usual grip features are 1) extra battery and 2) portrait orientation with shutter, AF, and joystick controls.  A third party might be able to add a grip that would give you extra battery life.  But the portrait orientation controls would not be possible.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow