Is a "high" shutter count on new Df normal?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
Patrick McMahon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,197Gear list
Like?
Re: Is a "high" shutter count on new Df normal?
In reply to Alpha Tech, 7 months ago

Alpha Tech wrote:

This is your inexperience with Nikon product launches.

When demand is this low at launch it does NOT improve later. The early adopters have ordered. Decelerating demand follows after the initial enthusiasts have received their cameras.

Oh I was here for the D800 hysteria (In fact I was here for 8 years before you arrived )

This is a launch like no other. Besides being a niche camera in high demand by people in search of a second body- it is also in 2 styles and Nikon has decided to obligate more of it's bodies to kits. And with a lens ubiquitous to most wanting the Df. There is not a silver bodied Df to be had (unless you want to pay over MSRP), and the online sites that say there is will tell you upon checkout that they ain't got it.

On top of all of this you have a huge number of photographers who are on the fence as to the Df itself and cautious of Nikon's recent quality control. They are waiting to see... And from all I read they are going to be rewarded in a good way. You have people saying "I wasn't a fan of this camera... but damn I just shot a day with it and it is awesome!"

So don't be so eager to apply the D800/D7100 launch to this one... It is different in a number of ways and I believe demand can remain high and steady for this camera.

Patrick McMahon's gear list:Patrick McMahon's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow