ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
panometrical
Regular MemberPosts: 119Gear list
Like?
I drank the Kool Aid...
9 months ago

Hello all,

I took my beloved E-5 in for warranty repair today, nothing serious just a huge chunk of something between the sensor and the low pass filter. Thank goodness for the Olympus Canada two year warranty. It has been and remains a fantastic camera that's produced many perfect 18x24 inch prints.

I did drink the Kool Aid though, using the opportunity of the visit to the camera store to order the EM1. I ordered it body only and picked up the 25mm f/1.4 as my first micro fourthirds lens. I'm really looking forward to the new camera, while the EM5 excited me I found the body too small and fiddly for my hands and its AF performance with my E-System lenses was just too slow, and I'm grateful to Olympus for making not only a great new camera in the EM1 but also for respecting the loyalty of we die hard users, and for manufacturing enough EM1s at launch that I only have to wait a week for my very own. Guess it's the old E-510 for the next week, no hardship at all.

Jim

panometrical's gear list:panometrical's gear list
Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Nikon D3200 Olympus E-M1 +12 more
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow