Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
masterofdeception
Regular MemberPosts: 245Gear list
Like?
Why I don't want a FF X
4 months ago

Well, actually I would like to see a FF X.  For others, but not for me.  I don't need or want one, because:

1  It will cost a small fortune - I mean £1500 or more, and the lenses?  We're talking an investment of £5000 plus for a decent system - much cheaper than Leica, but way beyond my means or needs and in no way value for money for an enthusiast like me - for pros maybe, but still marginal for most I'd think

2 It won't be in my hands for at least a year and a half, and going on past form, I'll need to wait until 2017 or later until all the decent AF lenses I need are available

3 It still won't be perfect, and for all sorts of reasons we'll all be needing a new version as soon as it's available - by 2017 who knows what we'll be lusting after - probably the Iphone9 will be outperforming what we have today!

4 It will be a marginal improvement over the existing X cameras - only 400% pixel peepers will will be concerned - IQ is only one component of great photography (and arguably isn't important at all)

5  I have a good camera, great glass, and I can take pictures and improve my photography skills with the camera I have - the Gas syndrome is a never ending one, that never ends in better pictures

6 I dropped my excellent 5d Mk II for the Fuji X, for weight, size, cost and functionality - I'm not about to go backwards - a FF is likely to compromise all of these

7 FF's advantage in shallow DOF isn't for everyone, which is why Ansel Adams and f/64 were once fashionable, and will be again - all this talk about shooting wide open makes me laugh - it's just a fad, like instagram is a fad

Sure, there are lots (?) of people who "need" FF, but even then why would they wait when they can pick up a Sony now?

Not saying that a FF X won't be interesting, but for me it's bound to be out of my league and way beyond my means.  Still bring it on for those who "need" it.  My main issue with it is that it will divert Fuji from their declared aim of providing an APC format that is "as good as" FF. I don't want their resources to be diluted by chasing the Sony/Canikon FF market, though I expect that they will.  That's a pity, because I think they were genuinely onto something new and good with the current X system.

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow