ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Spud0
Regular MemberPosts: 110
Like?
X20 for a budding enthusiast?
9 months ago

Hey guys....

I get to shoot with good DSLRs(7D, 5dmkIV) frequently at work. I was your typical smartphone shooter before. Always had an interest in photography but the learning curve and expense made it easy to talk myself out of purchasing a camera for personal use. I feel I have an eye for composition and I really enjoy taking pictures though.

Anyway - I've been eyeing the Fuji mirrorless line for about a month now and reading up on the various models. I've spent brief times wanting everything from an x10 to an Xpro-1.

I think I may end up settling on an x-e1 just because of the heavy discounts on them - but something about the compactness of the x20 is calling to me as well.

Do you guys feel the x20 would be a good camera to start out with to help me develop my skills as a photographer - learning about how to make great shots? Does the x20 lend itself to shooting in manual mode?

My main interests of shooting include...

-Street photography

-Portraits

-Travel/documentary style shots of my road trips

I also really want to shoot a lot of B&W(cliche, i know)

Thanks in advance for any help.

*EDIT* Also I would like some input on the quality of the JPEGs. I have CS3 at the office but post production is somewhat intimidating and something I'm still learning. I'd basically just like quality images I can upload or make the occasional 5x7/8x10 print of.

Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow